Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

In what will be a continuing theme with my rants on how stupid people are getting, I present to you this article http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007703130391 as evidence. To sum up the article, Melanie McGuire performed Google and MSN searches on how to commit murder. She did this research on multiple computers and just days leading up to the methodical murder of her husband. Where it seems he was drugged, shot, dismembered, stuffed into several suitcases, and then threw into the Chesapeake Bay.

America its time we pause for a moment and quit worrying about declining test score averages across the nation. I won't argue the need for proper education, but I believe its time we take a step back and teach our society about "Common Sense" again. Its no long common, which is the problem to begin with. Until we take a step back and relearn as a society the basics of how to function in this world, I don't think we will have much progress trying to press forward with more advanced education. I want you to understand that I in no way condone murder, I simply am using this news headline to show how an "educated" person living in society still fails to show any signs of what I like to call intelligence.

No comments: